CONNELLS Archives

April 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 13:47:00 +0200
Hi Adrienne,

 >> The title for The Connells' new CD (Weird Food and Devastation)
 >>sounds strange for a Connells album. I'm used to more docile titles such
 >>as Boylan Heights & Ring, Weird Food and Devastation makes me think that
 >>this will be a much harder, possibly darker album than what they've put
 >>out in the past.

 > I agree.... it's a really strange name for them!  Somehow it seems like
 > a name that the Odds might choose to name their next album, or maybe even
 > the name of some bizarre soundtrack.
 > It doesn't sound to me like a name they'd choose for a darker more
 > serious album though..... I have visions of it being full of light and
 > completely non-serious songs, more along the lines of "Sal"!

Funny, I think it can be the opposite, but I agree with you that it doesn't
sound like "Connellsish-kind-of-name" However, such a name makes you think,
you have to think if there is something of "value" in it. Of course, it can be
a name just thrown out, but then, what if it isn't?

Take care,

Yours sincerely

Joakim Nilin