CONNELLS Archives

May 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 02:05:50 -0500
I understand where both of you are coming from.  I have been a big DMB fan
since '93 when I saw them open for The Samples at Red Rocks.  They were
just one of the bands that opened and in all actuality I thought that they
could have been the best band there that night.  My friends and I were
really into Dave that year, especially when R2T came out.  Then Under The
Table came out and KBCO, which by the way is an incredible radio station in
Boulder, starting playing Jimi Thing.  Then the video came out and you know
the rest.  Next thing I know, girls at my highschool were wanting to put
Satelite on repeat and then play TLC afterwards.  It was extremely
frustrating and upseting.  Meanwhile, DMB was now selling out a Red Rocks
show in thirty minutes.  I would hate to see bandwagon fans jumping on if
they got the exposure and reached the popularity they deserve.  I guess you
can't have one without the other.

Justin