CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 13:48:37 -0500
On Aug 20,  1:10pm, Adam Shore wrote:
> Subject: Our band
> ...I'll periodically post new Connells news and tour dates when I
> get them, as well as info on new videos, television appearances, etc etc.

I for one would be VERY interested in ANY of this information as soon
as it becomes available.  Black Park is remarkably close-mouthed about
concert schedules (for a management company), they studiously refuse
to answer their e-mail, and the ONLY thing I have ever gotten from them
as a result of being on the mailing list is two copies of the Weird Food
promo postcard.  WHEN ARE THEY COMING TO DALLAS, DAMMIT?!?  That's all
I want to know!

On another note...I just picked up the new CD at Best Buy.  First, a
word about the packaging:

    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I'm not sure that's really a word per se, but I think it
gets my meaning across.  You see, I always have been, still am, and
always will be a strong believer in, and staunch defender of, the jewel
box.  Imagine my dismay at finding that _Weird Food_ comes in one
of those damned Eco-Paks.  Geez, I HATE Eco-Paks!  They're made of flimsy
cardboard, they don't lock closed, the artwork is printed right on
the outermost surface so that it WILL eventually rub off and fade,
and they stick out from the rest of my collection like a sore thumb.

I better stop now before I start REALLY venting.  Suffice to say that
the cardboard monstrosity will not survive beyond this evening.  I will
have it cut apart and inserted into a spare jewel box posthaste.

I have not listened to it yet, but am eagerly awaiting the opportunity.

--Steve