CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:09:33 -0400
Now that I've stepped out of lurkdom on this list, and now that the
Connells are coming back to State College, I just have to share my little
the-last-time-the-Connells-came-to-State-College story. I saw them at
Players (which doesn't do live shows very much anymore, just club dancing)
and there were very few people there (relatively). While my roommate and
her friend were traipsing about scamming on guys, I stood in the second row
of people, until this very nice guy (thank you, whoever you were!) in front
of me turned to leave and get a drink and said "You've been standing here a
long time, why don't you take my spot." So I did. And there was this stray
drumstick sitting on the stage, almost within reaching distance (there was
_no_ space between the floor and the stage) but that would have been rude.
So in between songs I gave Doug this "I'd really love it if you'd hand me
that drumstick" look, and he looked at me, then at the stick, then back at
me, and handed it to me. Small thrills, I know (I'm so easily amused) but
it was cool at the time.

pax,
Sarah

p.s. Listening to WFaD right now, and I think Let it Go (which rocks by the
way) has a total Matthew Sweet sound to it. Done in a Connellsian manner,
of course...