CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Barry Summer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 18:34:26 -0500
Lee...I have listened to WFAD twice now, and there are a few songs that
I liked immediately...others I'm warming up to. I have to honestly say
at this point, I'm not that crazy about the number of slower ballads
(for lack of a better term), and I was feeling a bit disappointed, but
last night I came to a realization:

I have been spoiled...YEs, spoiled!!!!
Looking back, I have been a Connells fan since around 88, and have all
their albums/CDS, and I love virtually all of their songs.....some I enjoy
much more, but basically I like almost everything I listen to by the
Connells.

I have bought albums, based on hearing a popular song on the radio, and
went home and was extremely diasppointed to find....that was the only
song I cared for..case in point: Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster
Cult. There have been so many others where out of 11 or 12 cuts, I'll
really dig 3 or 4 at best, and just skip over the rest.

My point being, that I have just been spoiled by enjoying the Connell's
craft, and was disappointed, when upon first listening, I didn't fall
in love with everything.....so I'm going to listen afew more times, and
know I'll be able to JUST appreciate the CD that much more.....now
I just hope for MUCHO exposure, and a dream appearance on Saturday Night
Live or something similar.

In closing, let me just add that Fifth Fret, IF played on the air, could
be that magic element for the boys...keeping my fingers crossed.

Barry