CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Allen, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 17:32:00 -0500
I went to UNC from 1982-86, so I had the opportunity to see them in their =

frat party days.  One of my roomates went was high school buddies in Raleig=
h =

with Peele and Peyton Reed (who directed a couple of Connell videos), so I =
=

was around the guys quite a lot in my college days.  Interesting, Peele =

played with another semi-legendary Raleigh band, Johnny Quest, before he =

joined the Connells.  If you can find a Johnny Quest disc, pick it up, 'cau=
se =

they are no longer together and they had a great sound (Pressure Boys, ska-=

influenced groove.)  My 2=a2.  =

Mike.