MUMODEMS Archives

August 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Debra Allison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 18:07:33 -0400
Amy Beaton wrote:

> I have install the software for the dial-in PPP connection. I can connect just
> fine, but I cannot run any of the applications. It is almost as if there is
> not a server or something when I try to use Netscape or the mainframe.

Amy,

When I checked with the technical folks, their first thought is that you
don't have TCP/IP installed in the networking control panel.  Do you
have the installation instructions on green paper titled, "Installation
and Use of MUnet Dial-Up PPP for Windows 95?"  If not, stop by the
Bookstore and ask for a copy.  If you do, follow Step 4 to install and
configure TCP/IP, and be sure that you add the addresses on p. 5
(134.53...) to the TCP/IP settings.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Thanks,
Debi Allison
MCIS Assistant Director for Client Services