CONNELLS Archives

September 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 00:08:42 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>On Sep 22,  5:40pm, Bridgett Tarazona wrote:
>> Subject: Connells Shows
>>
>> 2. in
>> Belmont, NC at Belmont Abbey College (1992), they covered Amy (I'm not
>> really sure who does this song but its sort of country and twangy heard on
>> the radio in the south every 45min.)
>
>The song is "Aimee", and it was done by the Pure Prairie League back in
>about 1972.  I can't remember the lead singer's name -- Craig something --
>but he went on years later (1987) to become the lead vocalist for the
>re-formed Little Feat, and did about 3 albums with them before bowing
>out again.  I'm sorry, too much information again.
>
>So The Connells covered "Aimee", huh?  Now, that would be interesting.
>I'm not really a country fan, but I've always liked that song.

Funny thing, I first heard that song when I was an undergrad at William and
Mary (in Williamsburg, VA), they played it all the time on the classic rock
stations there. Then one summer I had a job back home in Michigan where the
boss would only turn the radio to country or Rush Limbaugh (and I learned
early on that, much to my surprise, I preferred country), and they played
Aimee on the country station there. So I guess it just depends.

pax,
Sarah