CONNELLS Archives

September 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel Ocampo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 11:54:48 -0500
>>I've noticed alot of people have a distaste for George's songs,
>>especially Sal.  I used to be somewhat of the same opinon, but
>>I think this is a little unfair.  George's songs
>
>actually I think its just mostly me, and I am clearly in the minority on
>this list.  but I certainly don't see what's unfair about it.  it just
>comes down to whether I like the songs or not, and in general I don't like
>his (except for "1934" and "Home Today").
>
>I also don't buy into "giving songs another chance".  there are occasions

Colin,

You're not alone.  Home Today is really the only George song I care for.  I
am hoping that WFAD will grow on me, but I doubt it.  I usually know which
songs I will like by the first (maybe second) listen.  I hope the Connells
don't follow the pattern of many other bands....e.g., I like old U2, old
REM, old Wire Train...and don't really care for their newer stuff.  I hope
this doesn't happen with the Connells.

Dan

Dan Ocampo
Community Development Coordinator