CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Gladish <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 03:48:41 UT
If there was any doubt that the Connells don't have *IT* anymore, please put
that ugly little thought out of your head.  Having seen the Connells a half
dozen times, I expected a professional show, but was unsure that the new tunes
would excite the crowd, since WFAD has received zero airplay here.

The set list was just about the same as listed by other members previously.
Maybe really got people going and it just got better from there.  The crowd
was small (a couple hundred), but receptive.  Highlights were Stone Cold
Yest., Choose a Side, Slackjawed, Winn Dixie Theme, Fun and Games,and Sal
(yes, fans, the response to this song was LOUD). The guys looked like they
were having fun. I certainly did, as well as the ten non-Connell enlightened
friends I dragged to the show.

Thanks to TVT for all the neat stuff, too.  Fifth Fret promo CD, posters, and
beer coasters !

Kevin Salem opened and kicked ass while many ignored him.  He really made an
effort and I felt embarassed by the crowd's lack of response. "Falter" is just
as unbelievable live as on CD.

Thanks.
Mike Gladish