CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lee Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 19:36:11 -0500
Hi All Ye Faithful,

In either a whim of inspiration or a fit of boredom ( likely the latter ), I
decided to clean out my closet today and found a fanzine from Nov-Dec 1987
called _The Dixie Voice_ that I used to do some coverage for. In it was a
tour schedule for The Connells from the _Boylan Heights_ tour. I plan on
sending it to Dr. Jipson in hopes of him adding selective parts to the Web
Page.

While you read this, just imagine the Nells playing the _Boylan Heights_
songs, along with covers such as "Brown Eyed Handsome Man", "Thorn In My
Side", "His Latest Flame", and "Photograph". They usually played "OT2" to
begin the show.
You may want to pay special attention to the 11/11/87 date.

1987 _Boylan Heights_ Tour
10/22 : Winston-Salem-Baity's Music Garden
10/23: Chattanooga-Silver Bullet
10/24: Sewanee, TN- Univ. of the South
10/26: St.Louis- Cicero's
10/27: Iowa City-Dubuque St. Brewing Co.
10/28: Bloomington-Jake's
10/29: Champagne-Mabel's
10/30: Chicago-Metro
10/31: Milwaukee-Century Hall
11/1: Madison-O'Cayz
11/2: Minneapolis-1st Avenue
11/6: Cleveland- Fantasy Theatre
11/7: Rochester- Idols
11/9: Philadelphia-JC Dobbs
11/10: Providence-Living Room
11/11: Middletown, CT- Weslyn University
         ( live broadcast on "The Living Edge")
11/12: Princeton-Campus Club
11/13: Hoboken-Maxwells
11/14: Boston- TT The Bear's
11/16: New York- The Cat Club
11/19: Boston- 8x10
11/20: Washington-9:30
11/21: Charlottesville-Trax
11/22: Raleigh-Rialto ( "Foodstock" )
11/24: Durham- Duke Student Center
12/1:  Wilmington-Mad Monk
12/2: Columbia- Rockafellas
12/3: Chapel Hill-Cat's Cradle
12/5: Greenville, NC- New Deli
12/9: Athens-Uptown Lounge
12/10: Nashville-Elison Square
12/11: Birmingham
12/12: Atlanta
12/13: Jacksonville,FL-Einstein A Go Go
12/14: Savannah,GA- The Post Office
12/18 & 19: Charlotte- Milestone

I'm pretty sure some of us historians will appreciate these 1987 dates,
although I'm putting my fire extenguisher near.............  Did anyone on
the list go to any of these shows? I went to the Jacksonville and Savannah
shows myself. Hope you're still awake!!

"Happy and I'm smiling walking miles to drink your water.....let's go living
in the past"- Ian Anderson.