CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 15:50:33 +0000
> I talked with Doug before the Philly show for about half an hour about the CD.
> He couldn't understand why people on this list couldn't get into the "weird"
> stuff. He said The Adjective Song was one of the bands favorites because it
> was a simple song with a great melody; I agree.  I told him I loved the
> band's melodies the most, they write fantastic tunes, he nodded and was very
> into the fact that their tunes are the thing.

You are so correct. Of the many talents these guys have, one of the
greatest ones is the fact that they can talk about anything, relevant
or irrelavant, the music would still be great. The melodies are
gnarly! It seems like every song I hear by the Connells has a certain
part that has an incredible melody and turns the whole song into a
masterpiece.

later
Blake

Don't forget to check out my Home page at http://www.ece.sc.edu/students/moody