CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
KERRI BURNETTE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 01:27:00 -0500
Hi again--

Well, just got back from tonight's show at the Boathouse--wow.  The
Boathouse is their favorite place to play and it was obvious.  They did
look very clean and neat--but compared to some of the sights there (i.e.
10 year olds with nose rings and pot) they were refreshing as always.
They played a nice mix of old and new.  Oh, before I mention that, I
must say the the openers didn't impress me.  Kevin Salem was okay, but
Primitive Radio Gods were a bit much...  I think that's who the 10 year
olds were there to see.  Anyway, they opened with Maybe and FF, and from
then on really mixed it up.  Wish I wrote down the play list.  Oh new
snippet--they played and Doug sung the chorus of "Between the Moon and
NYC" or whatever that's called.  I about died.  They followed with--yes
siree!--the Winn Dixie song!  It got a huge ovation.  The crowd didn't
seem too impressed with most of the new stuff;  the roars came for
74-75, Slackjawed, New Boy, F&G, and Sal.  Mike and Dave were constantly
talking, er, yelling at people in the crowd.  I about passed out when
Doug came out at the end with these headband lights that went alongside
his glasses--you had to see it.  As usual at the Boathouse, there was a
lot of moshing and crowd surfing with Doug encouraging.  Well, I am dead
so I must get sleep.  In conclusion--great show, warm reception to old
stuff, pretty cold to new...

Kerri B.