CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 00:22:42 -0500
jerry demarco <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Judging from the review of the Boathouse gig, the band put together
>back-to-back wins. The Tradewinds, with its configuation of railings and
>levels, made for a nice full house of fans who obviously appreciated the old
>AND new songs. As usual, the boys didn't disappoint, despite problems with
>the too-loud and feedback-prone sound system. (What a relief, too, after one
>mighty lame set of whiny love songs by Marshall Crenshaw.)

D'oh! I just had to respond - if there's anyone who's been underappreciated
for even _longer_ than the Connells (yes, even longer - his first album
came out in 1982!), it's gotta be Marshall Crenshaw. Though I've never seen
him live, so maybe he's especially whiny in person, but I think he's pretty
nifty in general.

Just my $.02,
Sarah