CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Stanmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 14:24:34 EDT
I agree that the Trax show was awesome-- UVA always makes for an exciting
Connells show (except that I got back to Washington at 4:30am in order to get
to work at 8:30am on three hours' sleep)... it was also cool that they played
"Just Like That" during the encore and actually had the voice-over guy up there
doing the black car, brick house, blue suit thing. I thought it was good that
Dave was pretty high in the mix- it sucks when you can't hear him at all which
is all too often the case. Unfortunately they didn't do the 2nd encore acoustic
"Hey Wow" that they've done for some of the tour, and that there weren't many
"snippets" to speak of between songs... it seemed like they were kind of rushed
to finish their set list.  Pat McGhee definitely rocks, by the way.  You can
catch him @ Trax on pretty much any Wednesday night.

John