MGTDEV-L Archives

October 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 10:24:42 -500
Marina Spurgeon wrote

> I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with
> organisational communication/culture audits. Particularly interested
> in management audits but not exclusively.
>
> What I'd like to know is how the results are used ie., was it a
> useful precursor to implementing a cultural change program? Did it help to
> clarify where an organisation was positioned on the cultural map? Did
> it help people to see beyond their assumptions about why things are
> as they are? Did it help to identify strategies for cultural change?

We are a consulting firm and conduct culture audits for interested
clients. The purpose of the audit is to find out the current culture
and then to make recommendations as to how to change it to one which
causes ordinary people to become highly motivated, committed,
creative team players who love to come to work and are at least 300%
more productive than if poorly motivated. The specific actions
required and why they are correct are in the book explained at the
web site in my sig block.

The audit is done by interviewing all levels of the organization. Our
experience permits us to recognize from what they say where they are
in the spectrum from "turned off and demotivated" to "highly
motivated and committed".

Hope this helps, Joan
Joan Pomo                 The Finest Tools for Managing People
Simonton Associates               Based on the book
[log in to unmask]         "How to Unleash the Power of People"
About the book go to http://pages.prodigy.com/DMHD39A (use caps)