MUMODEMS Archives

January 1997

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Kinne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 08:55:56 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] says:

>I have the same problem. I got a motorola28.8 external and I can't believe it
>is not on the list. Where can I find this new odem script? thanks
>
>Zou

If you take the first DOS/Windows install disk to the help desk
in room 130 Gaskill they can copy additional modem scripts onto the
disk *and* give you instructions on how to make those scripts
available to the Dialer.  Novell released these additional scripts
after the install disks were prepared.

You can also get additional modem scripts by downloading the new
install disks (version 1.20) and reinstalling the MUnet software.
Refer to the 12/10 posting in this newsgroup entitled BETAS AVAILABLE
FOR WINTEL MUNET.

The instructions are being authored even now.  The install is pretty
straight forward.  I recommend you backup your harddisk and turn off
virus software before running the install.

John Kinne