CONNELLS Archives

February 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 01:22:00 -0100
Hi folks,

perhaps some might think I've been polluting this meeting enough but I feel
like I've got too much to say to let my keyboard rest.

When I posted my e-mail to Kimberly concerning the fave-list-songs I realised
that most of the songs were those a bit softer ones with good arrangements (For
example: Waiting My Turn and Choose A Side).

With this I don't say that I don't like the up tempo songs, I love Something To
Say, Stone Cold Yesterday, Maybe etc. But to me it seems like the up tempo
songs need the guys performing them live to really be great.

I don't know if I'm trying to say anything with this. Perhaps I'd like to see
the guys work a bit more with the arrangements and experiment a bit more with
other instruments (like on WMT). And on the up tempo songs I'd like to see a
bit more of steam, spirit and soul on the album versions. For example:
on some up tempo songs the guitars are too loud and the whole sound picture
gets a bit too blurry. (Imho, that's the case with Let It Go. I hate the album
version but love the way they performed it on the Mountain Stage show.) I don't
think you gain anything by giving the guitars more output in the mixing
process, and that's what I think is the case in some songs.

I love guitars but they really shouldn't mask the other instruments...

.jbn. - just my two SEK