CONNELLS Archives

February 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:14:34 -0500
On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Ryan C. Hayward wrote:

> > - UNCLE GREEN (Now 3lbs Thrill) although they used to be more layed
> > back... Brendan Benson produced their albums before he struck it big with
> > Pearl Jam, STP, etc...
>
>         Not to nitpick, but I think that's supposed to be Brendan O'Brien
> who produced their albums.  Anyway, a pretty solid band IMO, though I
> don't know if I'd lump them into a category with the Connells (who would I
> lump into a category with the Connells?)
>         However, that said, Brendan _Benson_ is a guy who collaborated a
> bit with Jason Falkner (of the Grays, Jellyfish, and the 3 O'Clock) on his
> album _One Mississippi_ released last year.  Anyway, I only mention it
> because it's a really good album.  Very nice pop, with a bit of a Southern
> feel to it.  Some really cool transitions between the first couple
> of songs.  Again, other than the general pop label (which I even
> hesitate to apply to the Connells) I wouldn't associate him with the
> Connells sound-wise.  However, some of the people I know who like the
> Connells are also big into Brendan Benson (as well as Jason Falkner--who
> is awesome, but that's another story.)

        Whoops! Somehow I always manage to get Benson and O'Brien
confused. Sorry about that... O'Brien is what I meant.

-Drew
  | John Andrew Freck - [log in to unmask]   |
  | "When the world is running down, you make     |
  |  the best of what's still around."            |
  |                             - THE POLICE      |