CONNELLS Archives

February 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Orren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 09:01:49 -0600
Don't have much to add to Steve's review, but a few thoughts...

I did get to briefly talk to Peele and David (and wave at Doug who was on
the pay phone) before the show that afternoon when I picked up my
tickets. I asked them to play Over There, which they did. They were as
always very friendly- During the show George pointed and waved at me when
he saw me singing along as I saw him do to several others.

It was probably the best Connells gig I've seen outside NC (it's always
better at home). Only complaint was that early on they weren't quite in
synq, probably 'cos they were in a hurry to get in a lot of songs in an
opening set.

I won't go too deep into Cowboy Mouth, since this is a Connells list, but
as the two shows relate...

Mouth was INSANE. Absolutely the most energy packed into a live set I've
ever seen. I'm including Springsteen in his heydey. Everyone who left
that show was drowning in sweat, hoarse, and exhausted. But as we left,
my friend who didn't know either band came out saying "Mouth was great.
Unbelievable shoW!."

Then he started singing Fun n' Games...

'Nuff said.

Mike Orren