INNISBRK Archives

June 1997

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeff Truelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 09:26:09 -0400
At the risk of once again cementing my reputation as a curmudgeon with
nothing better to do (hi, Bob), I would like to mention a couple of things
about email...

When you get a private email and you want to respond, the easiest thing to
do is to click on the REPLY button (instead of typing in their address).

BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT (danger, Will Robinson)...

When you receive a message through a listserver, such as the Innisbrook
list, you *CANNOT* send a private message back to the sender by clicking on
REPLY -- this action will send your reply to EVERYONE on the list. Instead,
you need to cut and paste (or type in) the original senders address.

Recent activity on this list (and a few others) shows that not everyone has
stumbled across this fact. I point this out for two reasons. First, some
messages that are clearly intended to be private are being shared among
hundreds of recipients. Second, everyone I know already gets too much email,
so if there's any way to cut down on unnecessary traffic, I think that would
be (to use a technical term) a good thing.

We now return to our regularly scheduled freeway, which is already in
progress...

Jeff Truelsen
Cornell Executive Education
I like to sing to the songs on the radio in my car. When you go into a
tunnel, it's hard to come out on the right note. Actually, the news is more
difficult.