CONNELLS Archives

September 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:13:53 -0600
Hello all,
        Here is version 1.0 of "New Boy" off of the "New Boy" lp Track
6, I
decided to tab this version because of the acoustic guitar being easier
to tab out than electric.

        If you don't wish to recieve these tabs as a part of The
Connells
mailing list, please let me know and If there are enough people  who
feel that these tabs are inconveniencing them I will work something else
out.
        I have toyed with the Idea of tabbing a whole album before
posting,
then posting the album instead of each tab, let me know if this may be
easier.

        As usual this probably isn't 100% correct but I feel it's close,
any
suggestions/corrections/help questions/flames are welcome. Let me know
what you think.

Thanks,
Tyson

"New Boy"
by The Connells off of Ring Album, as well as "New Boy" album
(this tab is off of New Boy track 6)

        This song has two guitars, Guitar 1 (12 string) playing the main
rhythm
and Guitar 2 playing the riffs over.

Standard Tuning

  Chords:
  EADGBe
A=x02220
A*=x07655    (A*,E*=pre-chorus)
D=xx0232
E=022100
E*=xx6454
F#min=244222
D*=see tab (optional)

D*=small riff follows Guitar 2 riff (beginers just play a D chord) (use
pinky finger to get 5th fret) if you don't want to play this riff just
play an open D Chord (xx0230)

e--0--0--0--0--0-
B--3--5--3--2--2-
G--2--2--2--2--2-
D--0--0--0--0--2-
A--------------0-
E----------------

Intro/Verse:

A, D*, A, D*, A, D* (repeat)

Pre-Chorus/bridge: @1:27 & 2:18
This part can be played a few way's, all sound good, just play along and
see which you like/mix and match.

E*, D, A

but these will work.
(E*, D, A, or  E, D, A, or E*, D, A*,  etc.)

Chorus, (outro)

A, E, F#min, D  (repeat)

Lyrics:

New Boy (M. Connell)

Sometimes I get the feeling things won't fall apart.
Sometimes I think it's gone too far.
Sometimes I get the feeling things seem pretty nice.
Then again sometimes I'd like to leave you twice.

Once we decide upon it
We won't fall apart.
This time I think it's gone too far.

And you get where you can't decide--
Don't ask any other.
And you get where you can't decide.

Didn't I say "sorry."
Didn't I say "dear."
Didn't I consider.
Didn't I stand clear.
Didn't you say "New boy get down on your knees."
Didn't I say "trying, I'm trying, I'm trying."

Guitar 2:
        This is mainly the riffs over guitar 1, and some inverted chords to
play over Guitar 1 if you and a buddy wanta Jam.
/=slide up, \=slide down,
^=pull off/hammer-on

Intro riff:
all riffs during verse etc, on these notes.

e-5^7-7/9\7-5-4--5-4--------------------------------
B--------------5----5--------------------------------
G---------------------6-7/9\7-6------------6^7^6^7^6-
D-------------------------------7--------------------
A---------------------------------------------------

The rest of the riffs are on these 4 chord inversions,
just goof around with suspending these and the riffs will come out. Also
when you arn't ripping just overlap these onto the rhythem guitar and
it'll sound hot.
 EADGBe
A=x.0.7.6.5.5
A=x.0.11.9.10.9