SCHOLEAD Archives

October 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 16:20:51 -0400
I think I've finally figured out why some of you are having trouble posting
to the listserve, even though you are receiving messages.  What happened is
that when I signed you up for the listserve, the address I used may not be
EXACTLY the same address that you use on a regular basis, even though the
address gets the messages to you.  A listserve only accepts postings from
exact-match senders when it is set up like I did it.

So, rather than go back through changing all your addresses, I've modified
the listserve so that you should now be able to send a message and have it
posted.  Give it a try to see what happens.

Thanks for your patience with this and I REALLY hope we've fixed the
problem and that we can begin to use the listserve as an important
communication and announcement tool.

Have a great Homecoming Weekend and I'll see you Sunday night -- 8:00 for
the Selection Committee and 9:00 p.m for Community meeting.

Take care,
Denny

Dennis C. Roberts
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
111 Warfield Hall
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056
(513) 529-3435