CONNELLS Archives

January 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steven Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 10:44:00 EST
> I don't know about the album cover but let's hope it isn't another
> eco-pack. Bring back the jewel case.

Oh, jeez, yes!  Ever since Kelly Sears sent me a Canadian edition
of WFAD in a jewel box, I had forgotten about the American edition
being in an EcoPak.

To me, EcoPaks -- as well as most forms of alternative packaging --
are flimsier, harder to manipulate, and don't protect the disc as well.
Also, you can't buy replacements.  In addition -- and this is a sore
point with me, at least -- there's no protection for the cover graphics.
It will rub off over time, just like old LP jackets.

Death to the EcoPak!  Long live the jewel box!