PARTNERS Archives

January 1998

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Rodney D. Coates" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:04:39 -0800
Dear Partners:

We are finally up and running.  You have been formally added to this
list because you have expressed an interest in serving as a faculty
partner in this course which we call  "Race and Ethnic Relations:
Conflict Resolution and the Internet".  At present, some 33 universities

from the U.S. and around the Globe have consented to participate in this

exciting pedagogical experiment.  You might be wondering what this
course will entail.  Well, you will handle your courses pretty much as
you always do with the added feature that your students will read
selected material and participate in discussions and optimally projects
with other students (from the other 33 universities) on a forum web page

that we have set up.  Take a look at our web page that Vince Parrillo
has set up for our class..it is located at ...

url:

http://wpcweb.wilpaterson.edu/courses/soc399/

And now please take a minute to introduce yourself and your
institutional affiliation.

Most of you know me..but I am Rodney Coates, and you might say this is
my baby, but in actually it represents a labor of love to which several
have contributed..Currently there are 19 students enrolled for this
course at my institution - Miami University.

So lets heare from the rest of the partners...and lets look forward to
an exciting experiment in learning..

rodneycoates