GRADCOLL Archives

February 1998

GRADCOLL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stacy Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Graduate Student Collective <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:54:36 -0500
Hi.  I found out about this listserv through Pegeen Reichert; we're
friends from our Master's days at Northeastern University.

She suggested that I join this listserv about a year ago, but I
procrastinated.  In short, I'm not sure whether it's still up and
functioning.

The reason I joined was because here at Purdue there's little interest in
theory (although it should be growing with a recent addition to our
faculty) and even less interest in theories of collectivity, in Marx, or
in Jameson.  I'm a third-year Ph.D. student here, trying to put together a
dissertation on dialectical materialism and how it works through forms of
pop. culture.  I'm more than interested in discussing Marx, Jameson,
collectivity, new concepts of collective action both within and outside of
the academy, etc. with anyone who's interested.

Keep in touch.

Stacy Thompson