INNISBRK Archives

February 1998

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lillas Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 15:04:14 -0700
Hi Elizabeth!  Thats exciting news about your opportunity to partnerwith the S
of B..  Similar to you , we have a bus certificate that is approved  from the
SB and bus faculty that teach in it .We also from time to time resourced in
house contracts together.  One and one half years ago  a new Dean was appointed
in the school of business who is very collaborative, and similarily wants to
increase opportunities to collaborate - which is great news from our point of
view.  We have had several meetings with our two deans , the assoc Dean of the
S of B and myself, to form the partnership, do our strategic planning for the
partnership ,and work on some early smaller projects( to build small wins!).
This year I was appointed an associate member in the Dept of management in the
school of business(symbolic and important!), and we planned and are
implementing a  collaborative Management Series of workshops. We also have a
major contract together this year.   We are starting small and hopefully we
will continue to  strengthen our partnership.

Ellie Browner, Florida International University, and I presented on this very
topic at CMED, so you might want to look at the handouts in the cmed book.

I would be very pleased to talk with you on the telephone this upcoming week -
(Wed afternoon would be best) . We also have partnership experience with
another University ,and  with our VP Academic Office to deliver Dept Head
Leadership development.

 I would also be interested in hearing what you find out from other people who
reply.

Lillas Brown
Bus and Mgt. Programs
Extension Division