CONNELLS Archives

March 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"jamesnbritton." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 13:03:09 -0500
        I've only seen three Connells videos. I've seen "Slackjawed", "Stone Cold
Yesterday" and "74-75", neither of which I wasn't overly impressed by. I've
seen clips of "Seven" (I think).
        I don't know if you've all done a video tree already, but if not, that'd
be an interesting idea. Else, I'd be eternally greatful it someone could
hook me up with a copy (I'd send money, of course). Email me privately on
that one, if you're so inclined.

        I think someone asked about thoughts on WFAD. I don't personally like it
as much as their other stuff. Each of their albums is like listening to a
totally different band for me, expecially when you compare DD to WFAD. I
liked "Fifth Fret" a lot. It's probably in my top ten, but I was way more
impressed with George's solo album which I got about the same time (again,
I think... I'm never good at remembering dates).
        On another level, I was also disappointed with the layout and design of
WFAD. In my opinion, from DD onward, the design has gotten less and less
impressive (with the exception of Ring). For DD I love the layout. Simple
and dark. Ring also had a nice design. Due to my interests in graphic
design and the fact that I design some CDs, I guess I look at that sort of
thing a lot. WFAD had too much going on, and the pictures just didn't do
anything for me. Plus I didn't like the cover photograph at all.

        Just some babbling on a Tuesday afternoon.

[signaturefile.] ---------------
james nicholas britton / [log in to unmask]
substance, a homepage. http://substance.simplenet.com
blue-skied, a journal. http://substance.simplenet.com/journal.html