WMUB Archives

March 1998

WMUB@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WMUB 88.5 FM
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 08:36:38 -0500
Today's talk shows on WMUB

Tuesday, March 3, 1998

The Diane Rehm Show, 10-12 noon

      GUEST HOST: SUSAN PAGE OF USA TODAY

      10-11: A discussion of the pros and cons of the growing use of video
surveillance cameras for security and other reasons. Guests: Richard Chace,
Security Industry Assn.; Evan Hendricks, Privacy Times; John Crew, ACLU;
Frank Russo, Baltimore Downtown  Partnership

      11-12: Catherine Wallace discusses her book "For Fidelity" (Knopf),
about the ways intimacy and commitment enrich our lives.

Fresh Air with Terry Gross, 12-1 p.m.

      The United Nation's weapons inspections are set to begin again in
Iraq... the New York Times' YOUSSEF IBRAHIM (YOU-sef E-Bra-heem) who is in
Bagdad... discusses the situation there...Also, film making in Iran...Terry
Gross talks with Iranian film maker  JAMSHEED AKRAMI (JombSHEED AHK-rah-me)
about the increased openness in Iran...

Public Interest, 1-2 p.m.

      IT'S THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH AND THAT MEANS THE COMPUTER GUYS
ARE BACK TO SOLVE YOUR COMPUTER OPERATING AND HARDWARE PROBLEMS. "I-B-M
GUY" JOHN GILROY AND "MAC GUY" TOM PIWOWAR (PEE-vo-var) FILL US IN ON THE
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN THE WORLD OF COMPUTERS AND ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.

      Tomorrow: A panel of guests talk about the diverse and controversial
issues surrounding ecotourism -- defined as nature tourism that contributes
to conservation.

Talk of the Nation, 2-4 p.m.

      Join Ray Suarez for a look at the quality and availability of mental
health services in the juvenile justice system...And in the second hour...a
look at how an increase in the minimum wage affects workers and the job
market...

      HOUR 1: Juvenile Crime/Mental Health

      HOUR 2: Minimum Wage

Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
General Manager, WMUB Public Radio
Williams Hall, Miami University, Oxford, OH
513-529-5958, 513-529-6048 FAX
http://www.muohio.edu/wmub/