CONNELLS Archives

April 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steven Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:35:00 EDT
Hey all,

The recent post from Scott Johnson that mentioned the idea of the
'Nells doing a cover of "Don't Fear the Reaper" reminded me that
we haven't done the "covers wish list" thread in a while.  I still
had the list I compiled from all the postings the first time around,
and have included it below.

I'll bet there are several people who have joined the list since we
last did that, though.  How about it, folks -- what songs would you
like the hear the Connells cover?  Take a look at the following list
first to make sure your choice is not already there.  Also, if it
is well-known that the band _already_ covers your pick (a la its
inclusion on one of the many live recordings that have been tree'd
on this list), give it a miss as well (of course, you may not know --
that's OK, we're an easy bunch to get along with).

I may have missed some that people posted recently, as well.  Re-post
yours if that is the case, please, and I'll add it to the list.

Steve-o

Ideas for covers by the Connells
================================

Beatles:  "Birthday"
Beatles:  "A Day In The Life"
Beatles:  "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
Beatles:  "Why Don't We Do It in the Road"
Tony Bennett(?):  "Fly Me To the Moon"
Big Star:  "September Gurls"
Blue Oyster Cult:  "Don't Fear the Reaper"
Boston:  "More Than A Feeling"
Jackson Browne:  "She Must Be Somebody's Baby"
Marshall Crenshaw:  "There She Goes Again"
The Cure:  "Apart"
The Cure:  "A Forest"
The Cure:  "The Lovecats"
The dB's:  "Lonely Is (as Lonely Does)"
Dramarama:  "Anything Anything"
Bob Dylan:  "Like A Rolling Stone"
Fleetwood Mac:  "Rhiannon"
Flock of Seagulls:  "I Ran"
Jimi Hendrix:  "Voodoo Child"
The Hoodoo Gurus:  "I Want You Back"
Joe Jackson:  "It's Different For Girls"
Led Zeppelin:  "Your Time is Gonna Come"
Levellers:  "15 Years"
Nick Lowe:  "I Knew The Bride (When She Used to Rock and Roll)"
Manic Street Preachers:  "Suicide Is Painless"
Bob Marley:  "No Woman No Cry"
Material Issue:  "Chance of a Lifetime"
Van Morrison:  "Brown-Eyed Girl"
Musical Youth:  "Pass the Douche"
Olivia Newton-John:  "Hopelessly Devoted"
Oasis:  "Some Might Say"
Sinead O'Connor:  "Nothing Compares 2 U"
Mike Oldfield:  "Heaven's Open"
Queen:  "Under Pressure"
The Ramones:  "I Wanna Be Sedated"
REM:  "Driver 8"
REM:  "Gardening at Night"
REM:  "Turn You Inside Out"
The Replacements:  "Alex Chilton"
The Replacements:  "Here Comes A Regular"
Smokey Robinson:  "Tracks of my Tears"
Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians:  "Listening to the Higsons"
Rockpile:  "Heart"
Rolling Stones:  "Sympathy For The Devil"
Roxy Music:  "Both Ends Burning"
Rush:  "Limelight"
Scorpions:  "Rock You Like A Hurricane"
Bruce Springsteen:  "Blinded By The Light"
Bruce Springsteen:  "The River"
Sublime:  "Santeria"
Tommy Tutone:  "Jenny (867-5309)"
U2:  "Hallelujah Here She Comes"
U2:  "(A Room at the) Heartbreak Hotel"
U2:  "Party Girl"
U2:  "With or Without You"
Paul Westerberg:  "Sunshine"
XTC:  "Ten Feet Tall"
Yes:  "Roundabout"
Neil Young:  "Cinnamon Girl"
Neil Young:  "(Keep on) Rockin' In The Free World"