SCHOLEAD Archives

April 1998

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jocelyn Hatch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:18:48 -0300
HI STELLIOTT,

I am happy to report that Dance Marathon went really well this weekend.
And as far as I know the members of your team are alive and well
(although really sore and tired).  I want to thank Erwin for all of the
hard work he put into planning DM.  He also received an award for being
the individual to raise the most money.  John Ward and Annie Rataj and I
had a total blast (just think, a 24 hour party!).  We also appreciate
all the people from Stelliott that came to visit us at all hours of the
night.  These included Emily, Andy, Mike, Ron, Amy, Bob, Elin, Jim,
Carrie, Keir.  I hope I didn't forget anyone, I'm still a little out of
it.  Well, your support really helped us to keep going the whole 24
hours.  You were great.  And one last thank you to everyone who donated
money.
With the combined efforts of hundreds of committed Miami students like
you, Dance Marathon raised $33, 111 for Children's Research Medical
Center in Cincinnati.  We had the opportunity to spend the day with some
of these children and hear from doctors and family members.  Their
stories touched us deeply and they expressed sincere gratitude for what
we've done.  I encourage everyone to participate in some way in next
year's Dance Marathon.  You'll love yourself for it!!

Love,
Jocelyn