SCHOLEAD Archives

April 1998

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 01:55:35 -0500
I would hate to get struck by lighting . . . I think it would hurt to get
my leg bit by a shark . . . damnit I hate peeing in my bed . . . I hate
when I forget that I'm young.
When I was in preschool I used to sample paste on occasion.  I remember
when the girl named Sky, who by the way was money, spit on me because I
took the best swing on the playground.  Call me a modernist, but I think
that all progress in relationship must require some tolerance with the "I
am a not a pseudo-intellectual, all I do is analyze" attitudes that
permeate our awkward stage of immaturity/maturity.  Stop, we are all not
that smart.  The bottom line is that Dave was picked on . . . he told . .
now we must be nice.  Dave has been a fantastic member of this community,
further I have grown to respect him very much.  It bothers me that, armed
with a college education, we start to forget what it was like to eat an
ant.  I know I am in left field, but I think that relationships and
friendships must be forged in their own human way. I love this community,
and I am quite pleased with the current status of the list-serve.  Maybe I
am blind, but I am proud of were we have come.  If you feel neglected,
please join the intellectual-community-atmosphere called a hall council
meeting.

Jimmy Conroy
Secretary for Off-Campus Affairs (elect)
208 Elliott Hall
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056