CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:49:08 EDT

<< I was just wondering what everyone would recommend as a good first
 Barenaked Ladies album, >>

I've just gotten into them myself. I had heard a little of them previously on
the radio and hadn't given them much thought. But I happened to be in a record
store in Athens not long ago and as it was on sale, I thought I'd give it a
whirl....I ended up w/ "Rock Spectacle," their recently-released live album.
Has the bigger hits (Brian Wilson, The Old Apartment, If I had a 1,000,000)
and some funny stage banter.

<<What's funny to me about the whole Barnaked Ladies thing is that in Dec.
1992, I first heard about them when I saw something written about them
in chalk on a bedpost in Arkansas.>>

"...when I saw something written about them in chalk on a bedpost in
Arkansas?"  Darling, please share w/ the group how and w/ whom you spend your
time!!! <G> :) That just struck me as riotous....

Erica