CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
ALEX POST <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 17:48:10 EDT
The 9:30 show in DC last Friday was excellent.  We came in halfway through
the opening Band 'Mother May I' and from the entrance we momentarily
mistook them for the Connells.  They definitely had potential, but I'm not
sure if they have a CD yet.
They played a good number of SL tunes and Soul Reactor sounded great.
Motel may have been the highlight, George really got into it.  Dave talked
Mike into an electric version of 'Hey Wow' played two keys down and it
sounded great too.  I think they also transposed down on Running Mary.
At the end we had no idea what was left to encore with, and they surprised
with Hat's Off.  And that wasn't enough, they double encored and finally
closed with Scotty's.  The band seemed really happy with the release, even
Mike with his habitual humbleness.
Alex