CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 06:20:57 -0400
Hi all!!
I'm 49 (ugghhh....I just heard a few groans from some readers there), and
have loved the Connells for about 12 years now. I'm from NYC, but have
to listen to WHTG in New Jersey, just to hear the Nells on the radio.
Now, I'm really embarrassed to confess to this but....I've never been to
a Connells show..the last 2 appearances in New York came at a time when
I was suffering some health/family matters, so I really hope they can
swing down this way again.
I have all the albums/CDS, and really like many songs on Still Life.

I was at work yesterday, checking out the EXCELLENT web site for the
Connells, and was playing "Gonna Take a Lie", and even though it sounded
crappy on real audio, some coworkers were stomping their feet and
really getting into the song, although they never heard it before.
I'd love to hear this song promoted on the radio.
Have a great weekend.

Barry