CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Art Jipson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:16:47 -0500
Judging from the Connells list archives at:
http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/connells.html

The list began in mid-February 1995.  For a bit more than a year before
that I edited a little circulated digest called "Boylan Heights."  After
the response to BH became large I decided to turn it into a listserv.  The
listserv (and web page) will remain in operation for as long as I continue
to teach at Miami University (Oxford, Ohio not the other one).   And that
looks like it will continue for years to come.  The number of people on the
list has fluctuated growing after records were released.  The high point
for the list was 330+ people following the release of "Weird Food."  Most
people lurk although I would say that there is a core group of about 30
people who post at regular intervals.  I hope this helps some of the
questions.

Oh, on the age thing.  I am 33 and have been a 'Nells fan since 1986 when I
was working at a college radio and received some sampler or collection
which included something from the Connells.  I have been an avid fan and
collector ever since.  I have seen the guys in concert about 20 times and
will be to at least three shows for this tour.

Take care everyone, any other questions?

Your virtual pal,  -Art

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (o)  513-529-8525 (f)  [log in to unmask] (e)
Me:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
Connells:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/connells.htmlx
"Its dull, brown, and grey/its like all the things we do/that don't
go away" & "Words, shattered words and it all amounts to nothing/
it sounds, it just sounds, a little phony"- M. Connell