CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ethan Straffin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 17:30:32 -0700
Dede writes:
> What's up with you folks?!  I know you're out there; I know you went
> to the shows---how's about coming thru with the dish?!  We Right Coast
> fans graciously lent you the guys for a few weeks---the least you
> could do is tell us how good the shows are that we missed!

Okay, I guess that would be me.  :)  Hi, by the way.  Inspired by the San
Francisco show, I just joined the list yesterday, despite being on it for
a while a few years ago and loving the Connells for almost a decade.  No,
I don't know what took me so long either.

The show at the Great American Music Hall was, well, great.  Both the band
and the crowd were seriously getting into it.  The band played a 20-song
main set, followed by five encores.  By the time they closed with a
blistering segue from "Stone Cold Yesterday" into "Hats Off," at least the
first few rows of the crowd -- I was in the front row on the right --
seemed about ready to self-destruct from enthusiasm.  Just some more
evidence that these guys are one of the best bands in America, if not
*the* best.

Ethan

P.S. I thought the cover of "Cruel to be Kind" was an especially nice
touch.