CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 09:13:56 +0200
here's a belgian opinion about the connells'lyrics (although not in Still
Life, since that album is not out yet in Belgium)
I just think that the lyrics are a bit too simple. I think there can be
much improvement in that area, I'm not saying it's "just simple rhyming
words meant to make listeners feel good..." but it's not too far from the
truth...I'm not discussing the definition of "hooksong", I'm just saying
that maybe some people are seeking more behind the lyrics than there
really is. I don't see that so called hidden message or whatever, I'm just
enjoying their songs, and think they could be even greater with better
lyrics.  I just bought F&G en Boylan Heights (great albums by the way!)
and the few times G Huntley wrote the lyrics, I was pleasantly surprised,
I just feel they have a little extra...
anyway
who am I to complain about details
keep playing Connells!