CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tracey Dittoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:36:16 -0700
Hi all!

As I believe Stacee mentioned, these two shows were beyond great!  The
guys rocked, as usual.

In Nashville, Doug had two words for the crowd--NASCAR Cafe.  (There
was one of these in downtown Nashville).  I believe that Mike did a
little dancin' shuffle during this show, too!  The only drag at this
show was the really tall, drunk guy next to me who kept calling me
"lovely" names (hey, he was the one in MY way!).

The Chattanooga show had so much energy, it was unreal. That was the
first show I've ever seen from the VERY front row, and I must say,
although my neck is still in much pain, that it was a ton o'fun!

A quick word on opening bands...I saw Possum Dixon in Nashville.  I
still don't know what to make of them, I've been describing them as
Jesus and Mary Chain only not so lethargic, but that's not really
right.  The singer tried some "performance art" with lasers and a
rope...I don't know what else to say, other than that they played for
less than 30 minutes (yea!)

And let me say that Far Too Jones (not Too Far Jones,  sorry!) did a
great job in Chattanooga, and I'm more impressed with them now than I
was...plus their song is getting a ton of radio play in Lexington and
it keeps running (and running and...) through my head!

Take care all,

Tracey

==