CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:00:17 -0700
---William Cross  wrote:
> Thanks for the interesting article Cheryl.  I'm not sure what press
kits
> they were using to get the ages but Mike is 39 not 34 and I believe
that
> George is 36 not 33.  I know Mike's cause he told me two weeks ago and
> George and I graduated from college in the same year so he must be
pretty
> close to my age.
Actually, the story I heard was that when the author called Black
Park's office to get the guys' ages, they decided to "play down" their
ages so as not to drive off the kids.  Gods' honest truth.  I thought
it was pretty funny, tho'; ya gotta admit, none of the guys look as
old as they are.

> Also, has anyone else noticed this happening at shows.  In Denver
about a
> month ago, someone in the audience kept yelling "play some old
stuff, the
> new stuff sucks"  every time the band played a new song.
Is this the guy Doug was calling "Dr. Old School"?
==

Dede
"Out of boredom/ I decided/ I'd get with it"--MCC