CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Scott French <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:13:53 EDT
> Does anyone know if The Connells will be headlining in Mobile and New
> Orleans? It appears that they are playing with Too Far Jones (???) and
> Possum Dixon. I'm not really familiar with either band, but I certainly
> hope The Connells will be the main act and will play the longest!!!

I saw Possum Dixon open for The Dead Milkmen a few years ago and I
thought they were great. I think that they are from southern
California. Their first album was a lot better than their second.
"Watch that Girl Destroy Me" got lots of airplay around here when
released, but that's the only song I have ever heard on the radio. They did
the greatest version of "Like a Virgin" I have ever heard.  They are a
VERY energetic band. Great stage presence! I would pay to see them
again.

Scott D. French
Electronic Project Archivist
USC-South Caroliniana Library

"Have you ever dreamed of escaping from your dull
existence to a new life on a tropical island?"--Jimmy Buffett