CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 21:41:53 EDT

> Is this a "normal" concert, or another festival, multi-band, type thing
>   where they might only play for a few minutes?

I'm just talkin' here (i.e. I don't know jack about this particular show other
than what I've read here on the list), but this Jersey Gal is guessin' that
yer lookin' at a "normal" show.  Sea Bright (the municipality where the
Tradewinds is located) is not especially rock 'n' roll friendly and even under
normal circumstances parking at the club can be a real problem..... I'd be
really surprised if the town granted a permit for a festival-type thing that
could potentially draw the kind of crowd Surfstock had (between 4 and 5K).....
Additionally, the only likely promoter for such an event would be 'HTG-FM and
they've already "done" their big summer thang.

There might be more info at the venue's website.  (I think it's
www.thetradewinds.com .......)