MCUG Archives

February 1999

MCUG@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
MCUG Librarian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami Computer Users Group (MCUG)
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:53:33 -0500
At 8:30 PM -0500 on 2/27/99, thee scribed:
>Please, everybody, let me know if any of these topics interest you, or if
>you have any other things you might want to know.  I'm open to suggestions.
>If I know it, I'd be happy to present on it.

Any or all of those topics should be interesting at least to some people,
so cover whatever of them you want. WRT the CD-ROM stuff, you might want to
also cover the various recordable CD technologies--CD-R, CD-RAM,
etc.--since those seem to be quite a point of confusion, and maybe the
various DVD technologies as well. Anyone else want to help out with any of
this?

The game definitely sounds like a good idea.

Additionally, what do you all think about coverage of the latest news?
Knowing what the facilities are like, I can much better prepare this time
(no typing in those terrible CGI-generated random-character URLs manually
:-). If you like the idea, then everyone start sending me URLs to news
items that you see, and I can compile them into presentable form to show
everyone. (Send them to me privately so as to not waste list bandwidth.)

Any other ideas/requests?

--
Robert E. Williams, Jr.
President/MCUG Librarian