CONNELLS Archives

March 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:43:45 EST

<< I first heard of the Connells in the summer of 1986 when I saw the video
 for "Seven" on MTV.  120 Minutes was the show (I think, that was a long
 time ago) although they also recieved some Prime Time airings at that
 time.  3 months later a copy or two of Darker Days finally made it to Salt
 Lake City and the rest is history. >>

I like this idea.

When I was at Georgia Southern College in Statesboro,GA in 1985, the _More
Mondo_ LP arrived at the college radio station where I did some dj work. I
heard "Darker Days" and was immediately hooked. At the time it reminded me of
a mix of REM/Smiths/Let's Active. What is most worth mentioning is the fact I
initially liked the UV Prom song the most on that LP ! A couple months later,
the _Darker Days_ LP arrived at the local record store and from there it went.
 A few months later heard they were playing the Milestone in Charlotte (HELLO<
DD)
and was totally blown away. They played "Tuesday Afternoon" - Moody Blues ,
"Knockin' on Heaven's Door"-Dylan, "Sweet Caroline"- Neil Diamond ( GH was so
great on that cheesy song ), and all the _Darker Days_ songs. To top it all
off, Snatches of Pink ( which featured Sara Romweber on drums ) opened.
People, this was such a great night of music.

Just delving into the memory well............      hand on chin...... eyes
turned toward the ceiling .