CONNELLS Archives

March 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:11:37 -1000
Hey gang...I'll stop lurking for this one.

I first heard the band in '88 or 89 when F&G came out.  My friend Rich
had a few Connells songs on a mixed tape and every time I heard one of
them I asked "who is this?".  A few months after that we went to see them
at a small little club called The Green Parrot in NJ. (anybody from NJ
remember The Green Parrot?)  We had a few friends along who just weren't
on the same music level as Rich and I. They just stood around during the
show until the end when the band started playing some Beetles, Dylan  &
Doors covers.  They turned to us and said, Hey this band IS good. It was
very funny, I still joke about with Rich

On a more recent note:
I have been living in Hawaii for the last 5 months (and loving it).  One
Sunday I'm hanging at this bar Duke's in Waikiki wearing my F&G shirt.
About 3 or 4 people came up to me and ask where I was from or just
commented on the band.  They were all shocked because nobody around here
has ever heard of the band.  I'm hoping to change that so maybe the boys
will take a trip out here on their next tour :o)  All the people who
recognized the band were originally from the east coast.

Back to lurking,
Glenn

PS: I'm 32 y.o.