CONNELLS Archives

March 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Catherine McHugh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:30:35 -0500
Hi everyone,

I'm belatedly adding my own stats because I've been in Ireland for the past
few weeks (where I took photos of Connells or O'Connells signs while my
friend rolled his eyes).

Cathy McHugh, 31
concert editor for two entertainment lighting/production trade magazines,
New York City

Other favorites bands, after the Connells: Garbage, Suzanne Vega, Lloyd
Cole, Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, the Judybats, the Replacements/Paul
Westerberg, Bonnie Raitt, Steve Earle, Johnny Cash, Dillon Fence, Mark
Knopfler/Dire Staits, Liz Phair, MIchelle Shocked, Blondie, the Pet Shop
Boys, etcetera.

first exposure:
I went to undergrad at Carolina (85-89), so I knew of the band, but
embarrassingly enough, I didn't see them live until December 1990 at the
Marquis Club (anybody remember this place?) in NYC. Two weeks later, I went
home for Christmas, spend New Year's Eve at Greenshields Pub in downtown
Raleigh where I actually talked to Mike and Doug. I'd had enough beer at
that point to give me the courage to go over to them and I could hardly
believe what nice guys they were. And, of course, still are!