MACTALK Archives

April 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeff Wax <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:13:00 -0400
I don't know what Starmax is (is it a clone?) or why Motorola would have a
fix, but I've had the same problem.  I used speech recognition before I had
8.0, but then the microphone bugged out and I gave up trying to use it.  And
I have a Mac Performa 6400.  I think that when os8 is installed, the driver
for the plaintalk microphone was changed, or the way the sound in port is
used was just changed, and the speech recognition software just isn't
compatible anymore.  I don't know if there's a newer version.

Jeff