CONNELLS Archives

May 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
eddy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 09:08:47 -0500
Hey Everyone!

How's it going?  Everyone who is lucky enough to see the
'Nells play recently, keep up with the
descriptions/reviews.  I want to live vicariously through
you!

Love the recent talk about Far Too Jones.  Saw them when
they opened for the Connells last July in New Orleans.  (hi
Gem-Ann!)  They are really good.  I tuned in KACC (Alvin
Community College) radio station earlier this week just in
time to hear "Best of Me" by FTJ.  That is one of their best
tunes, and it was so cool to hear it on the radio.  The lame
commercial stations (who WON'T play the Connells) don't play
FTJ.

Last Friday on the CBS show Early Edition, part of it was
shot in the Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier.  I pointed out to
my hub and friend "That's where the Connells played!" and as
various parts of the room was shown, told them about where I
spent about 7 hours of my life last Oct.  OK, so that isn't
thrilling, but I don't usually see places I've been on TV.
Plus, it brought back all of the cool memories of hanging
with Art and Tracey (hi!!), meeting the band, etc.

OK, done for now.

Have a good one!

Jill_Ion (formerly Valkyrie), aka eddy

--
Don't let Mike and the Bots be SOL.  Save MST3K!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com