MACTALK Archives

October 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:38:16 -0400
At 2:33 PM -0400 10/15/99, Jeff Wax spout forth:
>Right now, I'm using OT/PPP.  It connected fine.  I've used it occasionally,
>but I like FreePPP because I have a control panel that puts a little menu
>thing in the upper right corner, so my desktop isn't cluttered.  As far as I
>know, OT/PPP doesn't have that.

The FreePPP Menu (or whatever it's called) actually works with OT/PPP
as well. Just make sure you're running the latest version of it (you
can download it separate from FreePPP web site).

As for your binhex problem, I thought SE could handle binhex files
with out DropStuff. Hmm. Oh well, just use the free MindExpander.

<http://www.mindvision.com/>

Regards,
Bob
--
Robert E. Williams, Jr.     | Visit our web site to learn more
President, TriVectus        | about our high-quality, unique