Animals are such agreeable friends, they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
An actor is a guy who, if you ain't talking about him, he ain't listening.
Acting is nothing more or less than playing. The idea is to humanize life.
One can advise comfortably from a safe port.
He is the best sailor who can steer within fewest points of the wind, and exact a motive power out of the greatest obstacles.
You can't stay married in a situation where you are afraid to go to sleep in case your wife might cut your throat.
The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it.
Education forms the common mind. Just as the twig is bent, the tree's inclined.
Why should we be cowed by the name of Action?.
The best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses.
All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire.
Most of us ask for advice when we know the answer but we want a different one.
Life's too short for chess.
The cow is of the bovine ilk: One end is moo, the other, milk.